1. Placement test. With the exception of beginners, all new students are required to take a placement test. It is necessary to make an appointment at the administration office at the Centre d’Idiomes and pay a non-refundable fee of €5. According to expected course occupancy, management may decide to close placement testing for certain languages during the registration period without previous notification. Taking the placement test does not reserve a place for a course.
2. Registration fees. Students who sign up for a course for the first time at the Centre d’Idiomes are required to pay a one-time registration fee before the start of the course (€40). The registration fee is non-refundable if a student decides to cancel or withdraw.
3. Price reductions. Students and immediate family members of UV employees eligible for a reduction in the course price will receive this reduction depending on the payment method used. If a student must withdraw once the course has started, the reduction will not be applied and therefore the amount deducted from the course price will be pendant and included in favour of the Centre d’Idiomes. This circumstance may result in a negative balance in the final bill.
4. Reimbursements. In accordance with agreements with other institutions, certain students may be eligible for a partial reimbursement in the paid course price. This is conditional upon obtaining a certificate of attendance and achievement (see Certificates. Attendance and Achievement). During the registration process, eligible students will be notified.
5. Number of students per group. Groups have a maximum and minimum number of students which may vary according to the characteristics of the group. Management may choose to divide or cancel a group. Groups that do not reach a minimum number of students may be cancelled by the Centre d’Idiomes. Students will be notified and receive information concerning other available groups or, where appropriate, offered a full refund. Once the maximum number of students per group is reached, no further enrolment is admitted to this particular group. Places are limited. The act of a prospective student taking the placement test or receiving information on the availability of places does not imply reservation of a place by the Centre d’Idiomes.
6. Changes of level/time/group. Management may advise, and, where appropriate, decide to change a level so that a student can get the most out of a course. Likewise, any student who wishes to change the time, group or level is required to submit a written request to management. These changes are subject to the availability of places in the group, time and level requested.
7. Evaluation. During the general courses, several written and oral exams will be given to determine if set objectives have been met. These exams are obligatory to obtain the certificate of attendance and achievement.
During the intensive courses, an oral and written exam will be given at the end of the course to determine if set objectives have been met. This exam is obligatory to obtain the certificate of attendance and achievement.
8. Certificates. 15 days after completion of the course, students may collect the certificate of attendance or certificate of attendance and achievement:
Attendance. This certificate states the number of hours that the student has completed.
Attendance and Achievement. This certificate states the level, mark and number of hours for students who meet the set objectives for the level and have attended a minimum of 90% of the course.
The course price includes a certificate of attendance or a certificate of attendance and achievement. Duplicates are subject to a fee. Sending the certificates by mail is also subject to a fee.
9. Cancellations and withdrawals. In the event of suspension of the academic activity in its face-to-face modality for reasons beyond the control of the Centre d'Idiomes, these general conditions will applyu and the terms established therein will be maintained. The courses will be taught online.d’Idiomes may attend classes.
Students in general courses who request a cancellation or withdrawal are required to fill in a form at the administration office at the Centre d’Idiomes. Only written requests will be accepted. Refunds are subject to variations according to the course calendar. Students who cancel enrolment at least 15 calendar days before the start of the course will be entitled to a full refund, with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee. Once the course has started, 35% of the course price is non-refundable for students who withdraw during the October-December period and 70% of the course price is non-refundable for students who withdraw during the January-March period. For students who start in January and request a withdrawal, 50% of the course price is non-refundable. In case of cancellation or withdrawal, price reductions are not applied and are therefore considered unpaid amounts. Students are held responsible for bank fees or if the reductions are considered to be additional expenses.
Students in intensive courses who request cancellation or withdrawal must fill in a form at the administration office at the Centre d’Idiomes. Only written requests will be accepted. Refunds are subject to variations according to the course calendar. Once the course has started, 25% of the course price is non-refundable for students who withdraw during the first week of the course and 50% of the course price is non-refundable for students who withdraw during the second week. After the third week, students are not entitled to any type of refund. Price reductions available for eligible students will not be applied and are considered unpaid amounts when calculating refunds. Registration fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation or withdrawal. Students are held responsible for bank fees or reductions that are considered additional expenses.
10. Services: tutorials, workshops and conversation Groups. These services are available to students who are enrolled in the current academic year, who have paid the fees and have made a prior appointment.